DevTech is looking for a senior staistician for an upcoming USAID data and information project. Applications for the position are currently being accepted. The purpose of the Analytics, Data, Visualization and Information Services (ADVISE) project is to improve the usage of USAID data and information so that the agency's development outcomes continue to be supported by evidence.
The successful candidate for the position of senior statistician will have the following attributes:
- Familiarity with regulations, policies, norms, and values surrounding access, privacy, retention, repurposing, and manipulation of digital information.
- At least five years of work experience performing data-driven analyses, with proven expertise in employing risk mitigation and privacy protection techniques.
- Expertise handling data on vulnerable individuals within developing contexts according to best practices and high ethical standards
- Be able to identify and mitigate disclosure risks in several critical categories, including but not necessarily limited to: Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Private information about individuals;
- Sensitive financial information;
- Information about vulnerable groups, sub-groups, resources, and/or facilities; and
- Sensitive locational information (e.g., high-resolution geo-spatial data).
- Expertise in using statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, STATA, R, and related programs
- Experience working with Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) and be able to understand and eventually implement solutions using block-chain technologies.
- Graduate degree, preferably in mathematics, the sciences, or other quantitative field
The ADVISE project's goals are to:
- Enhance internal and external availability of USAID data and information via technology platforms, policy guidance, standards, governance, and best practices in data curation
- Improve the overall access, satisfaction and ease-of-use of USAID data and information services, both internally and externally, through the use of compelling web design, visualizations, reports, dashboards, infographics, and geospatial products
- Broaden global awareness of USAID's data and information services to drive demand and to promote dialogue and feedback from end users
- Bolster the agency's capability to use data and information via training and the provision of demand-driven analytical services
For further information and to appy, please contact Haley Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org